How to Manage Diabetes with The Organic Whey
It is The Organic Whey because it happens to be the only USDA certified organic whey from sustainable farms, which is all fine and dandy but what does this really have to do with the price of tea in china or the way you manage diabetes for that matter?, please be patient and I will tell you
First we have to understand what whey is and then expound on its importance to diabetes management.
What is whey?
Whey is a liquid byproduct of milk when it is curdled during the cheese making process. This byproduct has essential amino acids and minerals that are essential for the body’s health.
Using whey to manage diabetes was highlighted by a study a few years ago.
Researchers found that drinking whey mixed with water along with a high glycemic index meal, like mashed potatoes with meatballs, prevented the dramatic spikes in blood sugar that normally associated with type 2 diabetics.
Foods in the high glycemic index have the most dramatic impact on blood glucose levels and pundits recommend these foods to be reduced or eliminated from a diabetic diet menu.
manage diabetes with whey
In the study, researchers compared the effects of eating a high glycemic index meal with or without whey supplementation on blood sugar levels after the meal.
The results appeared in an issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
For two days, 14 people with diet-treated type 2 diabetes ate a high-GI breakfast of white bread followed by a high-GI lunch of mashed potatoes and meatballs.
A whey supplement of 27.6 grams of whey powder mixed in water was added to both meals on one day. On another day, they ate the same meals with lean ham and lactose dissolved in water in place of the whey supplement.
Researchers took blood samples before and after the meals and found that insulin production was higher after the whey-supplemented meals.
For example, insulin production was 31% higher after the high-GI breakfast and 57% higher after the high-GI lunch when whey was included compared with when it was not.
The study also showed that rises in blood sugar levels after lunch were reduced by 21% with whey supplementation.
Researchers say the findings suggest that whey proteins may attenuate blood sugar surges throughout the day. (ref : WebMD)
Manage Diabetes with Organic Whey Protein
My mama always said if your gonna do something then please do it right and I live by this philosophy in my daily life and I would like to impart this to you.
If you are gonna use whey to manage diabetes, then why not use organic whey from The Organic Whey because they simply do it the right way,
Employing the highest standards in processing as well using only organic milk and organic whey that meets the following criterion:
- Whey must come from cows that have not been treated with bovine growth hormone (BGH) to increase milk production. This was due to their concern that hormones in milk could raise the risk of hormone-related cancers, or lead to higher levels of an insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) linked with cancer.
- Cows are not treated with antibiotics. If a cow in an organic herd does need to be treated with antibiotics, she is not returned to the herd for a period of 12 months.
- A third requirement was that cows’ feed is grown without synthetic pesticides, whether the feed is grass or grain. Some of the pesticides used in the production of feed are known carcinogens.
- A fourth requirement for organic milk is that cows must have access to pasture.
Whey has been proven scientifically to be a major item in your arsenal used to manage diabetes and using Organic Whey just makes ample sense, not just because you are controlling diabetes but you are doing it without adding harmful carcinogens and toxins into your body as well. If you ask me, it is a win win situation.
- Tweets that mention Manage diabetes with the organic whey | Diabetic tips on effective diabetes management techniques-The poor diabetic -- Topsy.com
- manage diabetes with exercise
- manage diabetes guaranteed
- manage diabetes now - My Websites
- Ahmad's linkdup.org » Blog Archive » manage diabetes
- Melissa's vevuzo.com » Blog Archive » manage diabetes online
- Joey's personaltrainersydney.org » Blog Archive » manage diabetes effectively
- Vanessa's Wirelesstouchpad » Blog Archive » manage diabetes online
- manage diabetes guaranteed « Rebekah's articlesweets.com
- Abigail's vevuzo.com » Blog Archive » manage diabetes now
- Consequences of failure to manage diabetes Nikolas's savemoney-tips.com » Consequences of failure to manage diabetes
- manage diabetes with diet « Richard's repoarticle.com
- Best way not to manage diabetes « Tod's repoarticle.com
- How to manage diabetes « Maryann's articlesweets.com
- Best ways to manage diabetes
- Giovanni's vevuzo.com » Blog Archive » Consequences of failure to manage diabetes
- Best ways to manage diabetes
- Best way not to manage diabetes « Joseph's Healthy Labs
- manage diabetes « Gwendolyn's articlesweets.com
- manage diabetes online | Dulce's Xplained
- Consequences of failure to manage diabetes | Ulysses's Xplained
- manage diabetes online « Sheldon's Healthy Labs
- Insider’s way to manage diabetes « Sophia's Healthy Labs